Saturday, January 31, 2015

Chineese New Year: Goat

Today I share with you my card for the Chinese New Year.
You can read all about it here:
It is on Thursday Febuary 19, 2015.

For this occasion Michael Strong has made a 
digital goat image that you can download for
free from his blog here:

You also find an explanation on how you
can use the digital image and change it
in a photoprogram called picasa.

Also I did use some real stamps.
The sentiment and the little goats are from
a Art Neko set called:
You will have this for a long time,for it \has all
the symbols for all the Chinese years.

Now there is more to the card, for when you
 open it up, it looks like this:
Yes, inside it is a pop-up card!
In the red layer, I cut this strip before glueing
it to the yellow layer. This way I could add
the goat to pop up.
On the top,behind the goat, I added Mike's
mini stars,representing the fireworks.
It is stamped and embossed with red embossing powder.

On the goat I added a few glitter stones.
On the bottom of the card I created a place
were to add  you can add some words
and your name with the decoration of
the Art Neko stamps.

Thank you for looking!
Have a creative day!


5 comments:

grammyklitch said...

So creative Hetty! Love the inside too. Very nice. Peg

CraftyJo said...

It's super Hetty, very 'Chinese' in the choice of colours too :)

Diana Enns said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you - it's a really "fun" card".

Shelly Schmidt said...

How I love this card! You are a rock star : ) I love the image and HOPE to be able to create with it this weekend!

Laura said...

Your Chinese New Year Goat card is darling! Love how you made the goat pop up! Hugs,
Laura