Monday, April 21, 2014

Weekly Scrap Page: it is all about the egg

Here my page weekly page for the 
Club Scrap challenge.

This week the thee is:
'tis all about the egg.

Even though I do not celebrate Easter, but Passover,
the egg also has meaning in Jewish life.
During Passover there are a lot of eggs used
in the different dishes.

The paper I used is from Club Scrap Spring Chorus
and the egg is a stamp by Michael Strong.

First i decorated the background with 
white stamped gesso, different colors of distress ink
and colored powder. When all is dry I stamped the
eggs on top in the same blue and green distress
colors and also in black.The letters for the
word egg are also by Club Scrap.
On a different piece of paper I stamped some more eggs,
cut them out and stapled them to the border on the scrappage.

If you want to read the journaling,click on the  picture
and you will get an enlarged version of the photo.

Thanks for looking.
Have a creative day!



2 comments:

Laura said...

Your scrap page is beautiful! I enjoyed reading about the symbolism of the egg and some of the ways you used them for the week of Passover!
The colors you used in the layout are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
hugs,
Laura

JoZart Designs said...

Super page and so interesting reading about the EGG and it's importance at this special time of year.
Thanks for your comment and if you pop back to make a guess for my prize I have added an alternative prize for non sewers.
love Jo x