Sunday, June 17, 2012

TH June tag: Happy Father's Day!

 So I did a little stamping,
just to try it out and why not start with 
the Tim Holtz tag for June.

You can see all of Tim's instructions on
his blog here:

and it is worth to hop over there
and see all the other beautiful tags
everyone from all over the world made
according to Tim's instructions.
 I decided to make this tag for
Father's day and found an old picture 
of me and my dad. 
I think I wasn't even 1 year old on this picture.
My dad is not with us anymore so this is 
a trip down memory lane.
It was fun to have that black and white
picture colored with distress inks.
This technique I will defenitely do again.

My dad loved making pictures,
so I used the film strip with the letter decoration
and added some glossy accent to make 
the letters shine.

 For the coin on top I used the F.
My father's name is Frits and he is
forever in my heart. The lion stamp I used
because I am in the Netherlands and we
have the lion in the arms of The Netherlands..

I remember my father telling us, that during the war,
when he was in hiding he made a lion from wood and 
painted it, to pass the time. This wooden lion has 
been in his office as long as I can remember.
My dad was an engineer, so instead of using the pen nibs
I chose to use the gadget gears that
I pained gold, silver and bronze.
 I love how the flowers look so nice after painting
and adding them to the tag.
 Finally I stamped the car. When my parent's
where married 12 1/2 year we went out driving a car
like this to the restaurant. I have to find that picture we have
from this occassion.

Hope you all surprise your dad's and
 Have a creative day!

10 comments:

CraftyJo said...

Lovely tag Hetty, nice to see you're managing a bit of stamping but do take it easy!

inge said...

Dag Hetty,

zelfs met een vleugellamme arm kan jij mooie dingen creëren ! Ik kan me voorstellen dat je blij bent dat er weer wat creatiefs uit je handen komt.

Ik vind je tag mooi : goed van kleur en van compositie.
je verhaal achter je embellishments vind ik het mooist !
Het toont hoe je nagedacht hebt over deze tag en dit is dan ook niet zomaar een creatie !

goed dat je terug bent !
groetjes uit België
Inge

Lisa :) said...

Lovely tag Hetty!!

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Glad you are back to creating! Wonderful tribute to your dad and thank you for sharing a bit about him.

Laura said...

Hetty, what a gorgeous card!!! I love the photo of your and your dad!! And all the personalization you did on it...thanks for sharing the sweet memories of him with us!

Marjie Kemper said...

Priceless photo alert!!! Love your tag, and the photo is just totally darling. Great trick on the letters, too!

Lisa H said...

That is a great tag! I'm glad your arm is feeling better

Creative Tara said...

Great tag, I love that you used a photo of yourself and your dad, it's so precious! Lovely!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Hetty....this is an exceptional take on Tim's tag!!! I love the picture...so special!!! All your extra elements are fabulous as well! Beautiful work!

Georgina said...

What a lovely Tag, Father and daughter photos are so special