Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Michael Strong meets Tim Holtz

Ik ben al een aantal dagen bezig de tags van Tim Holz te maken. Hij heeft van 1-12 december 12 tags met bijbehorende techniek uitleg op zijn blog gezet.Aangezien ik niet alle materialen heb, zie je hier hoe de mijne zijn geworden in combinatiemet de stempels van Michael Strong.

The last few days, I have been busy making the tags of Tim Holtz. He has been showing his 12 tags for Christmas with tutorials on his blogfor December 1 until December 12. Because I do not have all the right supplies, I combined it with the Michael Strong stamps I have.
Hier de eerste van 4 tags die ik nu af heb. Die van Tim kan je HIER zien.
Ik heb er een kaart van gemaakt i.p.v. een tag. De kerstboom met de strassteentjes
is een stempel van Michael Strong.

Here is the first one of 4 tags. You can see Tim's tag HERE.
I made the tag into a card. The Christmas tree with the gemstones is by Michael Strong.
En ook deze heb ik tot een kaart gemaakt. Het ornament en de bloem zijn van Michael Strong.
De tag van Tim kan je HIER zien. Aangezien ik niet die metalen hoeken heb, heb ik het volgende gedaan.
Papier hoekjes met pewter geembossed en na 2 lagen een stempel erin gedrukt. Het lijkt nu net metaal.

And this one i turned also into a card. The ornament and the flower are by Michael Strong.
You can see Tims Tag HERE.Because I do not have the metal corners I made these out of paper and embossed them with pewter embossing poder. After a few layers I pushed a rubber stamp in the hot powder. It looks very much like metal now.

Deze tag is bijna gelijk aan die van Tim (kijk HIER).
Tekst van Penny Black en een sneeuwvlok charm.

This tag looks very much like Tim's (see HERE).
Text by Penny Black and a snowflake charm.
De laatste van vandaag is de tag met de rosette (kijk HIER).
Het hart vervangen door Michael Strong mini hart en wat eigen knopen uit
mijn knopen doos. Omdat ik niet de kleine letters had om uit te snijden,
heb ik alleen het woord "peace" gedaan, anders was het te lang
en konden de knopen er niet bij.

The last tag of today is the paper rosette (you can see it HERE).
I replaced the metal heart with Michael Strongs mini heart and some of my own buttons.
Because I did not have the right letters to cut out, I used the capitals, but they are
a bit big so I only did the word "peace, otherwise I couldn't add the buttons.

Hope you are inspired to give it a try!
Have a creative day.

8 comments:

slbt17 said...

nice job Hetty - so cool that you get to have play time with your daughter!
Enjoy!
Sandra

Yolanda Pasterkamp said...

Hoi Hetty, het ziet er allemaal even fantastisch uit. Ben er helemaal verliefd op. Leuk om je eigen draai aan Tims voorbeelden te geven. Dat van die fotohoeken ook subliem bedacht!
Groetjes, Yolanda.

Jan Castle said...

I followed Tim's 12 days of Christmas tags...may I say, yours are great!!!!
Jan Castle

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards Hetty. Love the peace tag, so beautiful.

NancyS said...

What a clever idea, Hetty! So glad you're enjoying yourself. Happy holidays.

Anne Temple said...

These are all fantastic Hetty! I love how you incorporated Tim's style with your style and your supplies (instead of just trying to duplicate his).

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful tags- you are making some amazing tags- love the Michael strong influence and love your Santa image!

Elizabeth said...

I love how you made the metal corners - a touch of genius indeed. When I first saw them I thought they were the real thing.